Saturday, March 29, 2008

I DID IT!! I FREAKING DID IT!!!

Well, obviously I am alive, so I made it. I didn't chiken out. I jumped out of a freaking plane and it was amazing. There are no words to describe how fun/scary/best thing I've ever done. Here's how it went...

We arrived at the Jean airport at about 9:30 this morning. My stomach was literally in knots and my hands were all clammy and cold. I was trying to act tough, but I was seriously contemplating not doing it. We went into the office and signed our lives away, literally, and watched the insruction video. It was informative and just made me more scared. After that we got suited up and harnessed.






Then I took what I thought might have been some final pictures with my family.






We then headed out to the plane. By this time I'm thinking that this is the dumbest thing I've ever done, but I am obviously not going to chicken out. The guy who jumped with my was so great about reassuring me. He did goof around a little, too, and teased me about the chute not working. Anywho, the little ride up seemed to take forever!! Mind you, I am not a fan of heights and petrified of flying. Fabulous activity to engage in, right? After what seemed like an hour, I was suddenly being hooked to my jumper and given some last minute insructions. The doors opened and the first few people were gone. Then we slid down our little bench and kneeled at the door. At that moment I promised myself that I was not going to freak the whole way, but that I was going to love every second. He leaned out and we were flying. It was the most amazing sensation in the world. I loved it. I screamed, but because I loved it. All too soon, the free fall was over and he pulled the chute. I immediately yelled to him about being glad that I did it. We had a fun little ride down which he filled with little twists and what not. The ground got closer and closer. I was a little worried about the landing. I just stuck my legs out and slid in like they said.






My family and friends were there to greet me. It was so fun to land to their cheering.





All in all it was an amazing trip. I am sooo glad I did it. I think everyone should do it at least once in their life. So worth it. Thanks again to Jason for not only paying for this but for humoring me and coming to watch even though it made you so nervous. I love you babe. Thats all for now. I will see if I can post the video of the entire dive that I purchased in case anyone has interest in that. Later.

8 comments:

Andrea, Joey, & Jackson Mott said...

yay you are alive. That looks like so much fun. Love the pics, I would love to see the video.

Anonymous said...

You did great! It was so fun to be there and watch all of you in all your daringness!

Jessica said...

You are so brave. More brave than I will ever be. I'm glad you had a good time. Look what Eliza has started!

Becky said...

I'm so proud of you. Not for going skydiving but for doing something that you wanted to do but were really scared to do. I think that shows a lot of character. Or maybe it was stupidity or something.

Eliza said...

Yeah for jumping out of planes!!! Next time you should have them do tricks. It is way more fun that way. I am very proud of you. You are amazing.

Brooke said...

The last pictures of you and your family are so cute! Too bad they aren't your last pics. Well, I mean not too bad, but... Okay, you know what I mean! Im just sayin when you really die you probably won't be as prepared as to have a "last picture" ready. That's all i'm sayin. So take lots of pictures every day until you die. But I don't want you to die. We haven't really hung out enough for you to die. Did I mention i'm not saying you are gonna die soon or anything? I should stop.

Jayvaz said...

So you jumped out of an airplane, huh?

What do I have to do to get you to start driving now?

The Findarle Family said...

you are brave.... braver than me at least! I would pee my pants and cry and then probably die of fear