Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Katelyn

I have been thinking lately that this blog doesn't have enough about Kate on here or many pictures. Here's the sitch on Katelyn Sue. She had a well baby check up yesterday and she weighs 31lbs and is 33 inches long. She is a brick house, if you will. The doctor is very concerned and told me to not give her any "crap" and to limit her liquid calories. Hey thanks, doc, why didn't I think of that. I started crying after the appointment feeling like a crappy mom, but Jason assured me that it's going to be okay. She then got 5 shots and was not very appreciative of it. Her leg is still swollen and sad. On a positive note, the doctor is really impressed with her development and language. She asked us if she knows 5-10 words and I was proud to say that she knows at least 30 and is making simple sentences.


As I have been watching her the past few days, I am amazed by how much she is like her dad. Not just in looks, although that girl is the spitting image of her father. They have so many of the same quirks and personality traits. For example, that girl HATES clothing and frilly hair bows. It saddens me. Everyday I pick out cute little outfits and put her hair in pigtails, but within minutes it is all off. She usually leaves her shirt on but sometimes just prefers her diaper. Recently, its been diaper and crocs. The pictures below illustrate most of this point.



Another Jason trait she has is the way she sleeps. Now, I don't know about when he was a baby, but Jason has a certain way that he sleeps every single night. On his right side with his arm behind his head. Kate does not sleep in that particular position, but she has to be the same way every night. Instead of utilizing all the space that her crib affords, she sleeps horizontally (sp?) and curls herself into a ball but on her stomach. She, like Jason, likes no covers and as little clothing as she can. When I sleep it is several different positions and I have to have many covers. Here is Kate sleeping how Kate sleeps.






Mostly, though, she reminds me of Jason simply by being so cute and fun. Everyday, she can find joy out of the simplest little things. She loves to jump and bounce and just have fun. I love her to death!!


On a side note: Nursery is going a teeny tiny bit better. She still cries most of the time, but the leaders say it is mostly because the other kids cry and set her off again. Hopefully, it will get easier and she will continue to adjust. Thanks for all your advice, guys.

Just another quick note. Many people have been asking me about how Todd and Karalee's little boy Elijah is doing. They have set up a blog with daily updates and pictures. The procedures and the diagnosis are explained in depth on there, so check it out if you want. http://www.thegarberfam.blogspot.com/. Please remember that handsome little devil and his parents in your prayers. Thats all for now.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Katelyn is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I want to keep her. Thanks for posting all those cute pictures.

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable. And you can just see her cute personality in those pictures. I know that Jason is cute but so is her mama.

Eliza said...

So freaking cute. I loved all the pictures...thanks. Kate is so beautiful. I love her. Can I please cut her hair? In the last picture, her hair reminded me of, well I don't want to say the word, but it is sometimes known as the Wisconsin Waterfall. You know, business on top, party in the back. MacGuyver had one. Okay, it is a mullet.

Becky said...

Cute pictures, and I was glad to hear that Jason hates frilly hair bows, whew! Not sure I wanted to know that he also hates clothes!

Brooke said...

Um, I don't think its a mullet. It's cute!! She is cute!! I wish I could sleep nekkid in a crib...

Andrea, Joey, & Jackson Mott said...

We think Kate is so cute. She was so cute with Jackson on Sunday saying, "Boy." She does look just like her daddy, Jackson too, it is amazing how much he looks like Joey. Maybe our next child will look a little like me. Hey I am going to add you guys to our friends list so I can check out your blog often.

Don't Pass the Bread, Please! said...

Aivaz is an uncommon last name.
My grandparents came to this country in the 1930's.
Veronica and Joseph Aivaz.
I am wondering if their are any connections