Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I know it's late, but Happy Easter

I know, I know. I am a failure. I just wanted to do a quick post about Easter and Spring Break. Jason was able to take off 31/2 days last week. It was bliss. No work, no school. Just us. And Katelyn. On Wednesday we went to St. George to visit one of Jason's mission buddies, Elder Monroe. He and his wife live in Bloomington just outside of St. George. We just went up for the day to have dinner and hang out with them. We arrived in there at about 2:30 and they didn't get out of work until 5. No problem, we thought, we will just kill time until then. I don't know if you've ever tried to kill time in St. George, but it's no easy feat. I should have known that, I lived there for 7 years. Anywho, we went to Old Navy for like 10 minutes. Then we thought we would hit Red Cliffs Mall. That was hilarious. There are like 9 stores and an Orange Julius. Hasn't changed a bit since I lived there. After that we just went to a park and hung out until we met Scott and Eryn at their house. We ate at Texas Roadhouse. It was delicious and I loved every bite of it. After that we hung at their house for a while. That was fun, guys!! It was so good to see you. We need to do it again.

We didn't do much else the rest of the week. Kate had to go back to the doctor because she had what we thought was a reaction to her vaccinations, but it was nothing. She has a fabulous immune system, apparently.

On Easter, we got up and showed Kate her basket. She was in heart with it. I told her that the Easter Bunny and I talked earlier and decided not to hide eggs this year. The bunny was concerned that maybe Kate didn't give enough of a crap, if you will, to go find them. Maybe next year. Anyway, she played for a bit. Here is her basket and her enjoying said basket.




Soon after all this goodness, I had to go to a meeting. I left Jason her Easter dress and accessories and hoped for the best. I packed hair bows in the diaper bag just in case I had to do some last minute hair surgery. He met me at church and this is the goodness I saw.



She is freaking cute, I know. She was so excited when she got to church because my parents were there for a friends mission farwell. She loves my dad probably more than anyone else. She had fun with him throughout the meeting. After church we went to my parents house for my dads famous tacos. They were fabulous as usual. We then stopped by Jasons parents house so they could love on her and give her another basket. She definitely got spoiled. It was a good day. Oh, and the Easter Bunny didn't forget me.

Unfortunately, he did forget Jason. That Easter Bunny can be an inconsiderate jerk sometimes. I love you Jason. Maybe next year the bunny will remember.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

You are so freaking funny! Katelyn looked so gorgeous in her dress. Jason did a good job. Looks like you got the hook-up from the Easter bunny. Lucky. Thanks for the taco dinner invite. I appreciate it.

Eliza said...

Kate looks so stank cute in that dress. I think the Easter Bunny is funny - and she probably doesn't give enough of a crap. Poor Jason. He got shafted. That's what she said.

Jessica said...

I need a diaper right now. Also, I can't believe Jason can get tights on a little girl- I can't even get them on myself. Kate is cute.

Becky said...

Sooo... I was wondering what Katelyn said when you explained to her about your talk with the Easter Bunny. Was she okay with that? I'm wondering if I should use that technique with my own children.