Wednesday, October 31, 2007

WHAT THE DEUCE?!!

There is a rage and fire in me today that I will write about in a minute. First, though, my usual daughter stuff...

This week has been a little difficult because she has not been feeling well. Part of it is the teething, and part of it is that she is still fighting some kind of cold virus. In any case, her nose won't stop running, she won't stop coughing, and she certainly won't stop whining. I am aware that she is only 15 months old, but she follows me around and just pulls at my legs until I almost go crazy. She has managed to redeem herself with a couple of funny moments. Yesterday I was in the kitchen and she was in the hall. I could hear her kind of grunting and pushing, so I went over there to make sure she was okay. She looked up when she saw me and said, " I poo". I picked her up and she sure had. She is funny. She was also hilarious to watch at our ward Halloween party. Everybody loved our costumes. They mostly loved Pebbles. She looked so cute. We are going to Jason's mom's party tonight and will take more pictures.

Okay, on to my rant. I will give a disclaimer now and say that it has nothing to do with anything important and that my husband made fun of me for being so upset about this. Anyone who reads this blog knows that I am nigh unto obsessed with "Dancing With The Stars". Such a great program. My only beef with that show, and has been since the beginning, is that the nation holds the power to vote. Most of the time its okay, but sometimes people are voted off that have the most talent and do not deserve to go. Example: 2 seasons back, Jerry Springer was on the show. Now I love him just as much as the next guy, but it was painful to watch. He sucked. Just awful. Now, he was funny and a tiny bit entertaining. Vivica A. Fox was also on that year. She was good. Elegant, fun, graceful. The total package. She was sent home before him that year and it made me sooo mad. Last night my anger was rekindled. I am not a fan of the Cheetah Girls, but Sabrina Bryan is one of the stars this year and she is fabulous. Amazing. Monday night she and her partner danced the fox trot. It wasn't their usual amazing routine, but still high scoring and really good. So, at last nights results show, I was shocked to see that she was in the bottom two with none other than Cameron Mathison, who is also amazing. She was voted off and Dr. Quinn, and Marie Osmond are safe. I'm sorry, but they are old and not even remotely as entertaining. I was almost throwing things. I understand that more older women view the show and are more likely to like a little more country than a cheetah girl, but come on. I think that the judges ought to say who goes home and the retarded fans should not have a say. Having said all that, I don't ever vote, so I guess I shouldn't be allowed to be mad. That is all about all that. I know I sound like an idiot, but perhaps I am.

Until next time.

3 comments:

Jayvaz said...

You didn't tell them how, after the results show was over, you struck me.

Repeatedly.

And kept calling me "Bergeron"...

I don't even know what a "Bergeron" is!!!

Eliza said...

You are completely correct about Dancing. It was the biggest miscarriage of justice since the OJ Simpson trial. I am with you 100%. By the way Jason, a "Bergeron" is a peabrain who never made it in the big-time so settles for making gay jokes on whatever show they can get.

Becky said...

I think Dancing with the Stars is a stupid show and should be taken of the air so you don't have to be upset anymore. You poor thing!