Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Testing, Testing...

1...2...3?

First blog.

Not too much goes on in my life so I will mostly talk about Katelyn. She is now 14 months and can be quite the challenge. She has pretty mcuh mastered walking and is working on running. Mostly, she only runs when she gets a hold of something naughty. She can say lots of things and her favorite word is "dog". We don't have one, but she says it constantly. Over and over again. If she sees them on T.V., she goes crazy and will maim anyone who gets in her way. She has 4 teeth and is growing the sixth right now. It can be torture sometmes . Last week she had a virus that caused her to break out into roseola. Bad. The doctor told me she was no longer contagious, though, so we took her out to watch Playhouse Disney Live (shut up Eliza, the tickets were free) which she loved. All of her cousins were there. Then on Monday I went to babysit Erin's kids and her son Andrew was COVERED in the same rash. I felt some serious guilt. That was pretty much our week. We loved General Conference and I made myself take notes, which I haven't done since my mission. I got soo much more out of it. I loved Elder Oaks' talk and Sister Becks' as well. Sure made me want to be a better person. On a side note: Jason got his Graduation packet last week so he will get his associates degree in May. You all may laugh and turn up your noses at a two year degree, but it's lots of progress and we are excited. In a couple of months he will begin the application process to UNR, SUU, UNLV, etc. We are hoping for some sort of scholarship. I am also hoping for 100 grand to show up on my doorstep one of these times. Oh, I forgot to write at the beginning that we are sorry to report about the death of Jason's grandpa Jerald Wasworth. He went into the hospital 2 weeks ago with encephalitis and never recovered. His funeral is this Saturday. This is Jay's first death in the family. He is handling it well. I will end here and hopefully the next one will be either interesting or funny or perhaps even both. Jason will add pictures soon cuz I am computer illiterate. I hope some Parrys besides Eliza read this and give me some feedback. Becky, you can correct my spelling and/or grammar. I love you all and will write again soon.

3 comments:

Eliza said...

I am very honored to be the first to post a comment on your blog. I find it very entertaining. Question: If Katelyn has 4 teeth and she is getting her 6th, what happened to her 5th? I am going to post a link to your blog on mine and hopefully get you some say. I love you!!!

Natalie said...

I am so happy that you have a blog! It is very enjoyable to read about your life. I'm glad Katelyn is feeling better. Don't worry about the spreading of her rash. It happens and kids recover. It has been too long since I have seen you so let's plan something soon. Love you!!

Eliza said...

I really enjoyed your blog and you misspelled "much".