Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cute Stuff My Baby Did This Week.

So, I guess that I underestimated how quickly kids pick up on what we do just by watching. Before I tell this story I must give a little info for those of you who don't know our situation. We live in my mom and dad's house that they still own with my brother and his wife and their baby. Before they moved, my dads parents lived here, so we are still getting mail for like 4 different families. When I get mail for my parents or grandparents, I sort it and put in slots above our filing cabinet- out of the reach of children. Or so I thought. Yesterday I took my eye off Kate for 4 seconds and she had reached up and took 2 pieces of my Grandmothers mail and put them in the shredder. The SHREDDER!!! I freaked out and screamed because I thought she was going to get her fingers cut off. That, of course, got her upset and she started wailing. I hit the reverse button and was able to salvage just a little corner of some document. Upon further investigation it appeared to have been a check of some sort for a significant amount of money. I have no idea who issued it or if it is replaceable. After a couple of minutes all I could do was laugh that my 1 year old daughter knows how the shredder works. I have since moved the mail to a VERY high location.

So, something else she does is (sorry Eliza, I know you hate potty humor) whenever she or anyone else passes gas she says, "Oh Wow!". It is hysterical and I try not to laugh so she doesn't make a big production of it, but its so cute and now she goes out of her way to do it. Maybe you have to be there, but I think it is hilarious.

Now, finally, I believe I have saved the best for last. I found out (quite humorously and quite by accident) that if you play the song by Beyonce called "Crazy in Love", my daughter will do the booty dance the exact same way Beyonce does it. She will bend over and just start shaking it. Its awesome. Beyonce is not my favorite or even close to it, but now I try to play it frequently so as to enjoy my baby's show. She is rad. I love her.

Thats about it for now. I hope everyone is doing well. Thank you, drive thru.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Katelyn is so freaking cute! I love her! I really really want to see the booty dance. I can just picture her and it is delightful. Thank you for updating. Now get some pictures.

Eliza said...

I like how Natalie orders you to get pictures and doesn't even have a blog herself! The nerve of some people.

Becky said...

My comments are under Eliza's name because I went through her blog.

Eliza said...

This is the real me. Kate is very cute and quite funny. I am glad you have a blog. It makes me happy. You forgot to mention that Kate says "Oh Wow" when someone passes gas because you do (according to Jason).