Thursday, March 8, 2012

This week I am bugged by the following...

1. Stupid celebrities (and frankly, regular people) who pose nude during pregnancy and then put the pictures out for the world to see. Jessica Simpson is the latest in a long line of people who posed nude while pregnant for the cover of a magazine. First of all, eww. Secondly- while it's not my bag- if you're going to do that, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! No one wants to see your nudies. If you take them and your nakedness is showing, don't post them. Gross.

2. I am REALLY annoyed with this whole "pay for my birth control...wait, I mean my schoolmates' birth control" crap. Listen, I think if people could exercise just a little bit of freaking control and not have sex until they're married this whole debate would pretty much be a non issue. But, since most people don't see that as something worthwhile, the least they can do is buck up and drop $6 at Wal-Mart for a pack of 12 condoms. My husband and I are poor. I mean POOR. Like, can't afford the O and the R poor. We're "po", but we manage to fork out the few extra dollars a month it takes to purchase prophylactics. If you (or your colleague) is engaged in such an active lifestyle that you cannot afford a couple of boxes of condoms a month, you should probably stop having so much sex. Call me a "right wing whacko" or "hatemonger". Don't care. Don't be skanky. Also, who has that kind of time in freaking LAW SCHOOL? My husband doesn't. Just saying.

3. Toddlers' abilities to make such large messes in such a short amount of time. This kid is like the Rainman of messes. A savant, even. I cannot handle it anymore. This morning I picked up her bedroom and went to make her bed and when I turned around from making said bed she had already dumped all the blocks out, threw all the books off the shelf and dumped out all the play food. In 30 seconds. How does a two-year old even move that fast? No one ever told me motherhood was glamorous, but I don't understand how I put in a near constant effort and my house still looks like an episode of Hoarders, like, 98% if the time. What's the point of trying? I may as well start stacking adult diapers in a closet and let 67 cats take over.

Til next time, friends...all 6 of you.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Love your vents!

Eliza said...

I have decided that I would like the taxpayers to start paying for my Luv It frozen custard addiction. The thing is, I love it sooooo much, but I don't really want to pay for it. Oh, yes, I do realize that it is a self-indulgence that will really only benefit me, but I can't seem to stop and it is getting to the point that the $5 Scotch Jimmie Treat (substitute crunch) is adding up to an unreasonable amount.

Also, you need to change my blog link from my old, now defunct blog to my new, super cool one.

Also also, I love you and can't wait to see your hot face.

Jossie said...

Oh how I love reading your posts! They make me smile. You're pretty much awesome.