Friday, March 16, 2012

Here's my rant for this week...

1. While I feel sorry for Heather Morris, Christina Hendricks and others who recently had their phones hacked, why why WHY are we taking naked pictures of ourselves on our phones (or at all, really)? I especially don't understand why a celebrity would have crap like that on their phones. You're just asking to be extorted. I personally would rather die than have a naked picture of myself or anyone else on my phone. Sick. People, let's exercise a little common sense. Nudity is for the bedroom only. Not any form of photo. I feel like since I was bagging on naked maternity pictures last week I must come off as some kind of prude. I'm not. The naked body is beautiful and all that, but it's for private. Not phones or film.

2. I am realllly bugged by Oxford Electrical Department. We have recently run out of checks and we don't want to order more since we'll be moving in August. Most of our bills we have on auto pay, but the cable/internet and power are not possible to do that way. We went to pay our bill in person today with the debit card and were charged a 10% service charge. I was so mad. I understand that small businesses take a big hit with debit card machines, but they're the freaking power company. They have a monopoly on the entire city- county almost- where the deuce do they get off charging me $4.40 to use my effing card? It's just wrong. I'm poor enough, jerks.

3. Weathermen are seriously on my bad list these days. Don't you have to go to school to learn to predict weather patterns or whatever? My 26-month old could do better. We've hardly done anything this spring break because it was supposed to be so rainy (and because there's NOTHING to do in Oxford) and we were supposed to have "severe weather" most of the week. Do you know how much it's rained this week? Not a freaking drop, that I can recall. As a matter of fact, it's been so hot and humid and sunny that we'd prefer the rain. And every time we turn to The Weather Channel it says something about how we're under some advisory but then the chance of rain will only be like 30%. What the heck?

As annoyed as I get with dumb things, I did have fun hanging out with my hubby this week. Sucks being poor and dealing with school, but we're not hating on the breaks he gets every now and again. What has you ticked off? I wanna hear. Til next week, friends. Hopefully I'll be funnier.

4 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

3%, not 10%. But it still infuriates me.

Eliza said...

I don't know who the people you mentioned that had their phones hacked are. As always, you made me laugh, you made me cry, you made me think. And what I was thinking was: get home already. I miss your face.

Derpina Derp said...

Okay, I've got one-
Desert Valley Pediatrics doesn't do the babies' second PKU screen anymore. You have to make a special trip to Quest Diagnostics, which is plenty irritating in itself, but that's not what I'm mad about. I called them this morning to find out if I needed an appointment and was told no, so I took Arya and Chance there at 1 today, expecting a 30 minute wait or so.

Well, of course it couldn't be that easy. Apparently, you don't NEED an appointment, but you CAN make one, which the rat bastards didn't tell me, an they the appointments first. The rest of us shmucks had to just wait for openings in between. There were THREE other babies there and NO place to nurse. There was also no baby changing station in the bathroom. WTH?! They do tests on babies, but don't provide anywhere to feed or change them?! BS!! We had to wait for TWO FREAKING HOURS. Arya was starving, the poor thing, not to mention soggy and wet. Jerks.

Derpina Derp said...

Here's my rant for this week-
It's been too long since you posted a rant.