Thursday, March 1, 2012

It's that time of the week again...

Things that bug me this week...

1. Parents who kill their own kids. You may remember last week I posted 2 articles (ON THE SAME FREAKING DAY) on Facebook about Moms who killed their kids. One via microwave (I WISH SHE WAS DEAD) and one via treadmill. Seriously, people? You can take your baby to a hospital or fire station and drop them off...no questions asked. Why are we having children if we don't want them. I understand babies who cry nonstop and the off the wall emotions we experience after giving birth. Believe me, I have 2 that were (and still are!) particularly challenging. Never once would I have ever considered ending their lives or doing anything harmful. In the case of treadmill mom/grandma, kids "sneaking" candy bars does not equal that kind of punishment, whether they wanted her to die or not. Before everyone goes all Brooke Shields on me, I understand that post partum depression is real. I get it. But women need to ask for freaking help before they leave the hospital. Happy pills don't equal failure. Killing your kids equals failure.

2. I have really, really, really had it with people who text while they drive. This morning I had to take Katelyn to school and on the way back I'm behind Joe Schmoe who is going 35 in the fast lane, weaving in and out of the lane and barely even looking at the road. What a Moron. Was it really so important to let your bros know what the 411 is or whatever? Come on, people. PUT IT AWAY.

3. Speaking of bros, what's with the fraternity bros at Ole Miss thinking they own the road? Wait your turn, buddy. They are awful on bikes, too. I know you don't want to be late for Creative Writing, but you're not the only one going somewhere. Mind your manners...this is the South after all. Be hospitable.

4. Finally, Katelyn. She is not a thing and I love her dearly, but she's REALLY bugging me. She got suspended from the bus for the third time. I have no idea what to do for this child. We've tried losing privileges, no screen time, grounding etc. Nothing is a motivation for her to behave on the bus. We've about had it. Suggestions welcome.

That's all for now. Plenty more bugs me, but I'll save it for next time.

5 comments:

Jenn Mize said...

First of all. I love you and your blog. Secondly... Maybe when she gets suspended she has to stay home and do nothing (no tv, no toys, no books, maybe practice math or writing), and Reagen gets to go out with Mommy or Daddy for a special date. Would that get her juices flowing?

GMA Melanie said...

Make her sit in a chair for as long as it takes you to drive her to school and back. No talking, no books or anything. Practice bus behavior. If she tries to get up hold her down. Punishment for you too but maybe she will learn.Either that or make her do chores for that length of time. i am talking hard chores that a 5 year wouldn't normally have to do. You will prob have to do them over but she will be learning about consequences.

Rachael said...

What on earth does she do on the bus to get suspended?
I didn't hear about the killing with a microwave but I don't think I want to. A friend and I were just talking today about how we only hear of these horrible acts here and there and how there must be hundreds/thousands of these things that happen everyday....and how sad Heavenly Father must be to watch people do this to one another. I just don't get it! Sure wish HE would cause freak accidents to happen to bad people so they can't hurt innocent children!

Karalee said...

Why does she have such a hard time? Maybe I should put together bus activity bags, like the ones you took on the plane. Then Tyler and I can send new activities every month in our package. Would that help?

Aivaz Family said...

It might. I've considered doing that, but I didn't want her to have stuff to make a mess with. Some sort of quiet book might work.