Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Ok, so this will probably be a lenghty post, just telling you now. If you want to skip around, I won't be offended. First and foremost- I FINALLY bought a new camera!! It't the exact same as the other kind we had but we found it for $50 dollars cheaper. We were way excited! It's just the Kodak easy share that they come out with every year, but it takes pretty good pictures and given my camera history, inexpensive was the way to go. But anyway, that is that.

Anywho, yesterday was July 16th. Just an ordinary Wednesday to the rest of you, but for Jason and I it was our 3 year anniversary. All of you who have been married for 10+ years are probably laughing, but it's an accomplishment for us so back off. Well, unfortunately our computer does not contain any wedding pictures of us (I need to take care of that) so I am going to post a picture of us on our honeymoon 3 years ago. Yes, thats temple square. We went to Park City, okay. What else was there to do?



Much thinner. Oh, right. Okay, back to last night. Last year I planned our anniversary so this year it was Jason's turn. He planned a couple of things and told me to be ready by 4ish. When he came he had a dozen of the Southern Belle cupcakes from the Cupcakery that I heart so bad. We left and drove for a while and ended up here.



Mini Golf holds a very special place in our hearts. We love it. We played it twice on our honeymoon and once on our anniversary get away last year. I suck but I love to play. Anyway, I really liked this place for a couple of reasons. First, it's indoors. Whats not to love about that in July? Second, it is all under black lights. What's not to love about that? Also, it had an Egyptian theme. Here are a couple of pictures.



+



After mini golf, we went to Target. No pictures, sorry. Just had a few minutes before dinner and needed a couple of things. We headed down to the strip for dinner. When I saw Jason turning into the Fashion Show Mall, I knew we were going to Ra. My favorite sushi bar. To be clear- Jason HATES seafood in any form. But he took one for the team and got chicken teriyaki while I ordered my favorite foods.


That's the edemame (sp?) that I ate. Serioulsy. I ate that whole thing.

I also ordered a california roll and my favorite, the Viva Las Vegas roll. Here it is in all its glory.



After dinner, we went to the wax museum. I had never been there before. It was a little expensive, but very entertaining and I would highly suggest it. I mean, the golden opportunity to take amazing pictures alone is worth it. We took many, but here are some of my favorites.












There were many, many more. I think every now and again I will just include random pictures with wax celebrities. Bottom line, that was a fun date and Jason is the best. We missed our baby and I think next time we mini golf, we will take her. I will do another post soon with pictures of Katelyn's bed.

Thanks for sticking with me. This post was almost unbearably long. I love you Jason! Thanks for 3 great years!

14 comments:

Brooke said...

Just so you know, you look HOT in that white skirt and pink shirt. I almost want to marry you. I suppose the whole point of this post was that Jason did just that, 3 years ago. Smart smart man.

Marchezt said...

Ok...bad friend for not calling you guys! Congrats!!
I think every year is a HUGE accomplishment in marriage...especially for my Hubby and I. Looks like you had a blast and I love how your hubby brought you those yummy cupcakes (SO jealous) and took you to your fav place to eat (also jealous). You guys are super cute couple who makes gorgeous babies and who we love!

Marchezt said...

P.S. Jealous of you touching Timmy!! Also, love the new blog background.

Karalee said...

I love your background, and your husband, and your crazy kid. Who didn't nap yesterday. She is a stinker. Happy Anniversary. Glad you had so much fun.

GMA Melanie said...

What a bad Mom. I was tired from work and had/have a migraine but that is no excuse for forgetting your special day. Happy belated anniversary. I love you both!! Only 35 more to catch me and Dad.

Andrea, Joey, & Jackson Mott said...

happy anniversary! 3 years like us--yeah! looks like you guys had a good ol time, what a fun husband. I have always wanted to go to a wax museum, maybe I can talk Joey into taking me. anyho like your blog background soo cute. love ya.

Becky said...

I really like your new background. It reminds me of a scrapbook page like Jessica would make. Glad you had a fun time on your anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is so great. You've gotten over the hard part. Just kidding. People just always say stuff like that. But my boyfriend Timmy would like you to back off just a bit. Please.

Derpina Derp said...

Hey, you didn't tell me you did any of this. WTF!

Jenn Mize said...

Okay, you have a camera so you can update more. Okay! FOR THE LOVE!I'm glad you had a good anniversary. Remember when you were on your honeymoon and I called you, and you answered. That was great fun! I am SO glad to see you in a couple of weeks. YAY! It's going to be SO much fun!

Eliza said...

I enjoy your blog, I am glad you had fun, cute new background, blah blah. J/K...all of the above is true.

Zachariah Parry said...

I didn't know you had a blog. I'm not a big surfer.

I LOVE mini golf. Last summer we went to circus circus because it was the ONLY miniature golf place in Vegas. What's up with that? I was very excited when I learned that King Putt would be coming to town (though it opened right after I left for Illinois again). That was one of the first things we did when we moved here this summer. I still have a free game in my pocket from getting a hole in one on the last hole.

It isn't my favorite course, but it is the best one in Vegas. The holes are too short. Plus, there is one hole where it looks like you can bounce the hole off the edge, but really your ball just rolls right out of the course if you try. I was a little mad at that. Ok, a lot. There is still a hole in the wall where I through my club.

Audrey and Mike Findarle said...

The picture of jason with tiger woods is seriously hilarious. oh and zachs comment is just as long as your blog which is in no way a complaint

Audrey and Mike Findarle said...

The picture of jason with tiger woods is seriously hilarious. oh and zachs comment is just as long as your blog which is in no way a complaint