Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sick, Sick, Sick

This will be a short(ish) post. I have been sick. So sick. Sick enough to want to die. Not a joke. I got this cold thing right after my birthday, but it quickly ran its course and went away. This past Tuesday I woke up and felt a tightness and congestion in my chest. It was more annoying than anything. By evening, it was bad. Wednesday, my sweet sister in law took Katelyn out of the house for a few hours so I could rest. That night I took some Nyquil and hoped some good sleep would do it. The next morning I felt worse. I don't know how, but it was awful. Again, Karalee took Kate for me and I went to the quick care. Let me just say that I am not really sure why it is called quick care. It is neither quick nor caring. I waited 3 hours to be seen and was diagnosed in about 4 seconds. Early bronchitis. Antibiotics and nose spray. As a side note: while I was waiting to be seen I was watching the front desk crew in amazement. It was like an episode of "the offfice" only not even a little bit funny. Just annoying. The women were gossipping, brushing eachothers hair, and clipping coupons. The one male at the desk thought it was his duty to have playful banter with the dude next to me about scooby doo, the mystery machine and hippies(the scooby doo movie was on). I wanted both of them to take a long trip in that stupid mystery machine and never come back. Friday was by far my worst day. I was nauseated and just so sick. My little niece Tyler had gotten it by then and I felt really bad. Yesterday was Saturday and I was feeling better, but Katelyn woke up with a temperature of 102. We were bummed because my dads company has a luxury box at the Orleans and my friend Eliza was going to take Kate to see Princesses on Ice with the rest of my family. That didn't happen. So here we are on Sunday and I have to say that I am starting to feel much better. Katelyn just had a breathing treatment and seems to be perking up. Hopefully this week will be better and I will take more pictures and have a much happier blog entry. Thanks to everyone who continually checked on me and make me feel loved.

6 comments:

Jenn Mize said...

I'm sorry to hear you were sick and had such a hard week. I hope that this week will be better for you. Love you! :)

Jenn Mize said...

P.S. Do you not like me enough to be one of the "Blogs Of People I Like"?

Natalie said...

I am glad you are feeling better. We will have to go out and celebrate your being better this week.

Anonymous said...

How horrible! I am glad you are feeling better. I think that most Quick Cares exist in some sort of Twilight Zone. I was almost killed by one. Really.

Becky said...

So sorry you have been sick and that Katelyn got sick. I'm not sure which is worse but they both suck.

Marchezt said...

Sucks that you been so sick! Sorry! I'm glad you are feeling better and that Katelyn is too! Let me know if there is anything I can do! Love you all!