Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! We hope you all had a great holiday. We did. This post will be short as Katelyn is screaming at me for my full atttention. I have guilt that I havent updated this forever, but not too much guilt considering only a few people even read it.

Baby girl is doing well. She has really started to say lots and lots of new words and even a simple sentence now and again. For example, yesterday we started our first fire of the season. I was very nervous because Kate loves to climb on the fireplace and what not. After the fire was going, she thought it was amazing and wanted to climb up and take a closer look. I told her "it's hot" and to be careful. She immediately said "its hot" and kept on saying it every time she saw the fire. This morning we had another fire burning and she climbed up and sat on my lap to look at it for awhile. Then I asked her if she wanted to get down and she nodded and said,"bye its hot". I nearly died. It was so cute.

Thanksgiving was amazing as usual. My family and Jason's both live in town so every year we hit both houses for the meal. We went to my sister Erin's house first and had the whole spread including the chips and dips that I was full on before the meal started. By the time I ate dessert, I was feeling some regret for not pacing myself. About an hour and a half later, we went to Jason's grandama's house. They had 3 full turkeys and all the fixins (if you will). By my third bite of yams, I was in pain. By the fifth, I wanted to die. I didn't eat any dessert there and came home with a large stomach ache. I wish I could say I learned my lesson, but I am sure that next year will have the same results.

All in all, it was a great day. On a side note, my tooth that I just had that root canal on was crowned the other day. No pain in a long time, which I am grateful for. Thanks to Eliza for babysitting, by the way. Thats all for now. I don't really have any pictures from yesterday because i forgot my camera like an idiot. Til next time.

1 comments:

Eliza said...

Remember when I didn't forget my camera, but I forgot to take pictures like an idiot? It was my pleasure to watch Kate...she is cute and very funny. Love your blog.