Monday, July 19, 2010

5

I am a little late in posting this, but I wanted to say Happy 5th Anniversary to the love of my life!

For our anniversary date, Jason made all the plans and just told me when to be ready. He got off of work a little early and when he came home he brought me these...



I love them. I always do the girl thing and say flowers are a waste of money and not to get them, but I was glad to have them. They smell good. Anywho, when we left we headed towards Summerlin, so I was pretty sure we were headed to the Cheesecake Factory. I was correct. It was no less than delish. Plus, we had a gift card so it sure was almost free. Jason told the waiter that we wanted our cheesecake to go and he told me to see if they fit in my purse. I knew then that we were going to a movie. Jason really doesn't do movies. He feels like he pays $20 to sit in the dark and not talk. I knew, though, that he really wanted to see Grown Ups and so did I so I assumed that's what it was. I was wrong.



That's right. My husband bought tickets to see Eclipse. Keep in mind, I had already seen it twice and in no way ever asked him to see it with me. He saw it of his own free will. I was dying. He mocked it the whole time and acted like he was being tortured. I told him to forfeit his man card as he was no longer worthy of carrying it. Seeing that movie is not something most men would ever do. Secretly I think he thought it wasn't as bad as he imagined. Bottom line- I never asked him to see it with me and the fact that he did anyway means he must really like me.

That was pretty much our date. It was so fun to go out. We kept saying "what were we doing at this time 5 years ago..." to each other and had fun thinking about our reception and what not. Good times. I am so grateful to be married to such a freaking funny, hard working, really smart, extra cute guy. He keeps me laughing everyday. He is such a good dad and we are blessed to have him. Happy Anniversary, babe. I love you.

Oh, and also, our kids are cute.I just randomly snapped a picture of Katelyn this morning and realized again how beautiful she is...



The end.

2 comments:

Marchezt said...

Five years is a big deal. Congrats!

Glad you guys had a great night out.

P.S. You're girls are two of the cutest in the world. I love them!

Rachael said...

Sweet of him to go see it...I secretly think all men really want to see it but feel like they have to bag on it to keep their man status. Steve came home with the 2nd one as a rental one night...he didn't hate it...but when he watched the 1st one with me (rental again) we both laughed at how cheezy it was!