Monday, March 2, 2009

The Holy Ghost according to Katelyn

Yesterday while we were in church something was revealed to me. Not in the sense you would think. What was revealed is that my daughter is not taught enough in our home. During testimony meeting a teenage girl was talking about about the Holy Ghost. What followed was really embarrassing. Almost at the top of her lungs Kate says, "The Holy Ghost gonna get me!! It care me!! No like it. Get it out of the room, daddy!". We hung our heads in shame, but laughed a little too. Everyone around us was chuckling. I thought that was the end of the discussion, but I was wrong.

I am now a nursery worker so I am in there with Kate all the time. She talks alot in there. Like, never shuts up. Tells everyone who will listen about everything in her life. So, she goes up to the other leaders and tells them that the Holy Ghost is going to get her and that she is afraid of it. They just laugh, of course, but I am mortified. It proceeded throughout the day. Of and on she would tell me she hears the Holy Ghost and doesn't like it. Once while she was on the potty she said "mom, look. A bug. A holy bug!". I don't even know what that means. She is a kook. A very cute little kook.

6 comments:

Karalee said...

That girl is the best. I am so sad that I missed this specific spectacle. Give her a hug for me.

Marchezt said...

I'm with Karalee...I wish I was there!

That girl is one of my favorites and I love her kookie face.

Jenn Mize said...

That is freaking hillarious! Your kid is great. Love you bunches and miss you tons!

Chelsa said...

HA HA HA! I almost peed myself...Kate is so freakin funny, I LOVE HER...and even you by the way! I am so glad we got to see each other so much last week, we really should make a habbit out of that. (Do you spell habbit with one B or two?) We should also make a habbit out of eating peanut butter m&m's and berry skittles...mmm.

Anonymous said...

She is hilarious. I wish you were in my ward.

Maria said...

so funny!!