Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Here it is...

Well, we're moving! To Oxford, Mississippi! After much, much prayer we feel that Ole Miss is where the Lord wants my husband to get his law degree. I know it's not a complete surprise, but we've been waiting to "announce" it until we knew for sure that's where we were going. Here's how it went down...

Jason took his first LSAT in December of 2010. He didn't do as well as we'd hoped and it was evident that he needed to retake it if he wanted to get in to UNLV and other schools. He worked his butt off. Seriously, he studied harder than I've ever seen him for the next 6 weeks. He retook it in February of this year and his score improved by 9 points, which is huge. He started the application process. He applied to 9 schools, including UNLV. He was admitted to 6, some with partial scholarship offers, he was denied at one (Forget you, Louisville!) and wait-listed at two- and UNLV was one of them. We were a tiny bit devastated. We knew we had some serious decisions to make. Since there is no ranking of the wait system, we were pretty sure UNLV was out. It had basically become between Ole Miss and Washburn (in Topeka) at that point. Washburn had offered him a really decent scholarship and we were looking that way, but something kept telling us not to count out MS. We looked into the school districts and Oxford has an amazing one. The town is tiny, which I love and we'd be insanely close to campus. The tuition is also cheaper at Ole Miss and if he lost his scholarship over at Washburn we'd be kind of in a mess so this was another plus. We continued to pray and feel we have our answer.

We don't know where we're gonna live, how we're gonna pay for it, or what is going to happen but we are turning to the Lord and trying to trust completely in Him. I know it's going to be extremely hard, but I have faith in our little family and our ability to find joy in the little things and to make this an adventure. We would like to publicly thank all of you for your support and the many prayers that have been offered in our behalf. I'll keep this updated as regularly as I can as we prepare for our trek to our new home in "Missippi".

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I think it sounds like a cool adventure!!!! If it were Topeka...I don't think that would be a cool adventure!!!! Steve was going to go to law school in Nebraska...oh I can't imagine what my life would be like if we had gone there!!!

Amy Jarman said...

I'm excited for you guys. It will be worlds different than Las Vegas. I am still adjusting to things not being open after 8 pm. The Lord will provide. I know He will for you and your family. Good luck!

Tricia and Aaron said...

WAHOO!!! Congrats!!!

Marchezt said...

I'm sad to see you guys go, but I know you are doing what you need to do. Jason is amazing and we are so proud of him. Heavenly Father will be your strength and know that we all love and support you guys!

It will be good and I know when you look back, it'll be the right choice and an experience that you'll be so glad you did. Mississippi is lucky to have the Aivaz Family!