Thursday, December 3, 2009

Baby Update

So I had 2 doctor appointments yesterday. At my regular check up the doctor told me my C-section date. January 12th. I said to myself "yeah, no. Thats not going to work for me. That's the first day of the winter semester for Jason". I then explained that to the good doc. He told me there is a chance the hospital would reschedule, but he made it sound like they are less than bendable. I whined to my mom for awhile but then decided maybe it's not that big a deal. Besides, I watch "Baby Story"- aren't scheduled c-sections always in the morning? Jason's class isn't til late afternoon, if he even decides to go. We can make it work, I tell myself.

Off to appointment #2. My final ultrasound. Baby looks good. They measured her and her head is apparently gigantic. So was Katelyn's. "Beautiful lips", they say. So were Katelyn's. Then the doctor tells me she is measuring pretty big. They are estimating her at 5 lbs 9 oz currently. They tell me that she may be well over 8 lbs. Well, I was told Katelyn was ginormous and was probably going to be over 9 lbs. She didn't even break 8, so I don't really trust ultrasound estimations.

When I got home, there was a letter for me. It was from the scheduler for my doctor and the hospital. There was my surgery date. January 12th. Then I looked at the time. 5:30 p.m. Arrive at 3:30 p.m. Jason's class is at 2:45 p.m. My first thought was that it was apparently my turned to be hated by the universe. Then I thought "who the crap has a c-section at 5:30 at night? Don't they know I can't eat or drink for 8 hours prior?". I was real mad. After Jason got home we talked it over. He really doesn't think it will do any good to try and reschedule it. He is just going to miss the first night of school. He actually thinks it's kind of funny. I missed the humor in the situation, but I am trying to find it. The only thing I am truly upset about is the evening thing. It makes no sense.

That's all. I feel a little better now.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What are they going to do if you just don't show up? I'll tell you- they'll reschedule you. For another day. Most likely very soon after.

People who are "office workers" in the health care industry don't care about anyone. They're jerks mostly.

Sorry about your sitch. If anything else, can Jason miss class? It's not like he won't have a good excuse..he can get a doctor's note.

Anonymous said...

They should not make you suffer like that. And I can't imagine that they would be that rigid about it. I would push a little if I were you. Either way I can't wait to see the cute thing! And you too.

Marchezt said...

I mad for you, too! Who schedules a c-section at that time. Stupid! I was induced with Landon 1st thing in the morning. Guess they have their reasons.

On the upside... not far off and that sweet baby girl, that we are all dying to meet, will arrive and in the end, it won't matter what time she makes her debut. We'll all be glad that she is here!!

Can't wait!
P.S. I agree with your friend Jenn. Maybe baby will have her own time on when she wants to debut.

Travis and Ashlee said...

Thats travs birthday!! AndI had both my last two at night and I love it! the not eating part sucks but its not bad you get to sleep the whole first night less visitors. You will love it!