Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cutest Ballerina Ever!

So, I skipped right over doing Katelyns birthday post. The reason for that is two-fold. One, I am not sure which memory card they are on. Two, I am lazy. I'll own it. Sometimes the thought of going onver the details just seems too daunting. Maybe I'll do it later and maybe I won't. Anyway, she had a great birthday and I can't believe she is freaking 2. Tear...

For part of her birthday present we enolled her in the summer fun dance camp where my nieces and my sister take ballet. It was twice a week for 2 weeks and it was 3 hours at a time. They not only did ballet. There was reading, art, and imaginative play. Going in to it I wondered if she would love it or not. As the classes approached I talked to her about it and she seemed really excited. Plus, my 2 nieces were in it and she was jazzed about that. The first day, she freaked out when I left but the ballet director was quickly able to calm her down and she had a great time. I thoroughly enjoyed 3 hours of "me" time. My sister/girlfriend Marchezt (her daughter was in the class too) and I were able to go shopping and to lunch. Each class following was the same routine, only my sister Erin was able to join us and we had a great time. Katelyn loved it. She loves to dance and entertain. It was so fun to watch and definitely worth the time and money. Here are some pics.

Ready to leave...



Having fun in class...







She had such a great time. She looked adorable and I love her. That is all for now.

12 comments:

Jenn Mize said...

Oh my crap-in-stance! She is FREAKING cute as a ballerina. I love it! I'm not going to lie, you won't ever see pictures of Tucker in Bellet class, but you will see some DANG cute ones of him in little football uniforms and baseball and basketball. I am SO excited to have a boy. But, I know when my girl comes it will be all about dance classes. Probably not ballet, when I was younger my Mom took me to one day of ballet classes with my friend Sara and our Mom's both told us afterwards that we weren't feminine enough for them. Sadly she was right. Oh well, there's too much femininity in the world right! :) LOVE YOU!

GMA Melanie said...

Yes she is adorable. I think you should enroll her when the semester starts. (Hint) It will give her structure, not to mention grace. Maybe even an English accent. Love You!!

Natalie said...

Are you freaking kidding me!? She is the cutest little ballerina. I want to steal her. I love it.

Marchezt said...

She is so freaking cute! I love her! They had a blast and I think it was all around good for all of us. I had a ton of fun hanging out with you! Love ya!

P.S. I agree 100% with Gma. Had to through that out. ;)

Audrey and Mike Findarle said...

she looks so cute! i want to go to ballet. maybe it will teach me a thing or two about being ladylike because i think we all know i am not at all

Travis and Ashlee said...

What a cute Ballerina!! I want to put Makaila in something but havn't decided what yet. I think I'm going to do gymnastics...

Kendra said...

She is such a sweetie! I don't think I have ever seen a cuter ballerina!!

Jessica said...

Obviously I want to go to Disneyland. Especially without my hot kids. Speaking of hot kids, can I meet Katelyn already? She is squishy and yummy.

Beau said...

Garber!(formerly). How the heck are ya. I see you're acting like an adult. I'm right behind ya. Noumw seri mesemwahu pwa!

Blogs are only girly when you blog about ballerinas. I blog about manly stuff like trucks and gold bond.

Anonymous said...

She is adorable, of course.

11 days and counting....

Becky said...

I feel like I need to use the word "freaking" in my comment so there it is. Katelyn is definitely a cute ballerina, especially in mini ballet clothes.

Chelsa said...

holy crap, that is the cutest thing I have EVER SEEN! I LOVE HER!